Sunday, October 04, 2009

Quaker Sampler start


I've been doing a fair job of stitching from my stash lately. A group I am in has begun a SAL where you choose a design that has to meet a minimum size requirement and stitch it within a specified time frame. I dug and dug and had a difficult time finding something that was close to the size requirement but not too far past it. I want to finish in the required time and thought I better stick as close as I can to the minimum requirement. Anyhow, this is what I finally decided upon. Elizabeth Roberts II is a Threads of Gold Sampler Reproduction with a quaker influence. Elizabeth I was dated 1775 but we don't know the date of this second sampler. The colors on this one are a little different. Not what I would normally choose. I am still contemplating changing out one very bright gold/yellow color. I might even start over. What you see so far is 40ct Light Examplar and DMC. I wanted to stitch with a single thread but I am not happy with the coverage even on 40ct. Perhaps it's the floss. Not sure. Maybe just a carryover from doing so much over one lately.

2 comments:

Siobhán said...

I really like that! I haven't seen that design before. Sometimes it's fun to depart from the regular colors you'd use... especially if you can blame it on somebody else's color choices. LOL

Anonymous said...

Your latest WIP is looking really pretty already - great choice of colours :D

Flosstube and Stitch Maynia!

Sometime last year I discovered a channel on You Tube call Flosstube. Flosstube videos all feature people who cross stitch. They share their...