Friday, March 16, 2007

Another Quaker Round Robin Update

I forgot! I had every intention of posting last weekend and here we are at this weekend. Here's the motifs I added to Cari's quaker sampler.
Cari chose coordinating Vikki Clayton's Hand Dyed silks in Embers, Cranberry, and Dark Mauve. You get a nice full coverage using the premium weight on 34ct Legacy linen. I'll have to remember this for the future. I love the Legacy linen and have used it several times in the past. This one is the Cafe au Lait, but of course the color is off in my photo. I don't know why I have such a hard time getting a color true photo. It would have helped to lay something underneath it. Cari mentioned she especially wanted floral motifs so I obliged with two I chose from the Ackworth Pattern Book.

15 comments:

Katrina said...

It's very pretty! I love round robins :-).

mainely stitching said...

OMG, this is utterly gorgeous! Those colors! WOW!

Carol said...

Wow, that is a great color combination! Very nice :-)

Unknown said...

I love the color combination, this is going to be so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Veronica,

It's lovely! Thanks so much!

XXXX
Cari

Keka Guillén said...

It's gorgeous. I love the colors you're using.

Tracy said...

WOW your RR is gorgeous ,the colors are lovely

Stitcher S said...

How beautiful, Veronica. Can't wait to see some of this in person someday soon!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiful RR and Beautiful colours!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful RR !

Christine said...

Your choice of colors is great !!!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

I know exactly what fabric you are talking about and it is lovely. The beige and rose tones in it are just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop by and wish you the very best for the remainder of the festive season - hope 2008 is a wondrous year full of peace, love and happiness ... and lots of stitchy goodness :)

Unknown said...

oh, its so nice!!!

Lhassa said...

Déjà magnifique ta broderie !

Flosstube and Stitch Maynia!

Sometime last year I discovered a channel on You Tube call Flosstube. Flosstube videos all feature people who cross stitch. They share their...