Friday, April 07, 2006

My Spring Samplar from Rachel

 
  Posted by Picasa
Look what I received for my Easter exchange! It's been here a couple of days but I have been running ragged and forgot to open it last night. I could hardly wait to get home from work today so I could tear it open. I never expected such a generous gift. My goodness. Rachel stitched me the most wonderful sampler and even framed it. It's personalized with my initials on the top and she dated and initialed it also. I love every bit of it, I love the cute birds on the top, the strawberry border and the fuzzy squirrel and fluffy bunny. It is stitched on a fine count linen, perhaps 40ct. That's not all though! I also received a lovely Easter scarf. (Did you knit it Rachel?) And look! Something for a recent obsession of mine - a Lamb retractable tape measure. When you pull it's tale the tape measure is exposed. It is so cute. AND I got the chart for Attic Collection and the Finishing Instruction Pack signed by the designer Judy Odell, with a personal message to moi! She hopes I get a chance to stitch it :) I am really into trying to learn more about finishing techniques so this is just perfect for me. Rachel was the coordinator for the JAT Ornament exchange I was in. We have met again on another group and she is so smart, she knew what I would like. She accompanied it with a clever handstamped card. I am one spoiled bunny lover. My DH and I already shared the chocolate bunny.
I plan to wear the scarf to work on Monday.
Rachel, from the bottom of my heart, Thank you!!
(Please click on the sampler pic to display it more clearly.)

7 comments:

Nicki said...

What a gorgeous exchange! And wonderful goodies too. I hope you get time to stitch Attic Collection too - I'd love to see some WIPs :)

Von said...

Rachel surely sent you a treasure!!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

How Wonderful. Everything is lovely, CJ

DonnaSews said...

Just Beautiful!!

Can anyone join the Ornament exchange. If so please send me info.

dlhensley333@yahoo.com

Thanks

Anne S said...

Wow, what an awesome parcel you received from Rachel - just amazing! Can't wait to see the Judy Odell piece stitched up ... I have to admit, it was a toss up for me to buy Chatelaine's Leporello or this one :D

Susimac said...

Wonderful parcel you received. Love youre picture, I can see why you'll treasure it.

old lady said...

I hope you enjoy your sampler as I have mine. Was pleased to see it - I did that one years ago and it hangs in our family-room.

Flosstube and Stitch Maynia!

Sometime last year I discovered a channel on You Tube call Flosstube. Flosstube videos all feature people who cross stitch. They share their...