Monday, February 20, 2006

Stitching Friends Bonanza

I had the best time yesterday. Terri, hosted a get together in her home. I think this was the largest home gathering I have been to. Terri, me, Melissa, Jill, Laura, Debi, Nancy, Darla, Karen, Kathi, Laurel, Sandy and Sue. (I’ll add some hyperlinks in here later. I already did it but it got hung up and I had to start over.)
Anytime I’ve got to any sort of stitching gathering I get all revved up. It’s so inspiring seeing everyone’s stitched work. There were so many amazing pieces. Jill is a Chatelaine machine (gorgeous work!) but the christening gown she is working on really got my attention. As is happens, four of us are in a quaker round robin that is just starting. Terri had her silk palette and lots of fabrics to toss them on and she’s got a beautiful combination. It will be wonderful to stitch. Darla brought her framed The Sanctuary – it’s marvelous, of course. Well… on and on… went the show fest. It was so much fun! As a matter of fact, it was such a success that Terri has started a new yahoo group for us to organize our future meetings. I am so thrilled!
I’ve also had a little reuniting with quite a few of the old BB’s and that brought me a lot of smiles. I even got some chat time in. I love to chat. I wish more people liked it to.
So, anyway, I’ve been in a great mood today!

Since I don't have any current stitching to show right now, how about this..
This is the darling pinkeep I received from Jan for last year's Valentine's Exchange.

Back to stitching on my model project . . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a blast! Veronica, your work is absolutely exquisite and it's very inspiring to me to see yours and the other ladies' pieces.

I'm so glad I got to see you again, it's been far too long. (Susan in SoCal-Sue)

Joanie said...

Wow! I am green with envy! There is no one here in my neck of the woods to get together with to stitch with. It sounded like so much fun!

I am gald you had a nice time and be sure to let us know when you meet again. It's nice to read about it.

Von said...

Just a little taste of heaven on earth! So glad you were able to gather with so many other wonderful stitchers in your area!!

Carina said...

How wonderful, Veronica! I am so envious! You're right, there is nothing more motivating that a stitching group! Enjoy!!!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Nothing better than gathering with your stitching friends in person. The energy and inspiration you get from it can't be beat. Happy Stitching, CJ

AnneS said...

What a wonderful day you had with stitching friends - I can feel your positive vibes glowing all the way 'down under' ... Here's to many more for you! :))