Monday, December 04, 2006

Tamale Day is Coming


Yes, Senorita stitches and she makes tamales too!
My family enjoys making tamales every year at Christmastime.
I've been doing it since I was a kid and my girls have done the same.
Last year we initiated a 2nd tamale day and started what I think will be a new tradition of the younger set (the cousins) all joining together to continue on the family tradition. So this week I will be busy shopping for ingredients and preparing the meat and chile. We save a lot of time by doing as much of the prep work as we can in advance so Tamale Day itself really just involves wrapping the tamales and cooking them. It's a festive day will lots of laughter, great music, and THE BEST tamales you'll ever taste.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must post pictures of the tamales...I have no idea what are them.

Wendy said...

Tamales - never had one before! Yes, please post pictures before they all get eaten!!

Carina said...

Can I crash your party? :) I haven't had homemade tamales for the holidays since my dad died 13 years ago. I remember him and my uncle up all night working in our little kitchen in order to get all of those tamales done in time! Yum...I get hungry just thinking about it!

Enjoy your day, Veronica!

Anonymous said...

Veronica,

That sounds like a very fun tradition. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I miss Tamales at Christmas. Now that I live so far away from my Grandmother I no longer get to have a big homemade mexican meal for Christmas.

Laura said...

Gf, your tamales sound awesome. And tamale day(s) sound like tons of fun.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Yum. Happy Holidays, CJ

Anonymous said...

Tamales sound delicious. Jax

Flosstube and Stitch Maynia!

Sometime last year I discovered a channel on You Tube call Flosstube. Flosstube videos all feature people who cross stitch. They share their...