Saturday, January 28, 2006

World Trade Center Memorial Quilt Project


My 9-11 World Trade Center panel is finally complete. I had big plans to compile a stat sheet of some facts describing the 18 lives on my list. I thought the sight I had would give me more information than it did. My desire was to bring more of a personal dimension. I have studied their faces and prayed for their families and loved ones. I will always remember 9-11. This stitching experience has helped me memorialize people who left their homes and went to work that day. I am privileged to honor their memory in this small way.

Here's all I can tell you about these dear souls at this time:
• I had 13 men and 5 women on my list.
• Their ages range from 26 to 56
• The average age of my 18 names is 40.7
• I know from the comments I read that one woman had 4 children
• Two of the men have 1 child each
• Employers: 1- American Exp, 2- Aon Corp, 1- Cantor Fitzgerald, 1- Euro Brokers, 1- IQ Fin, 1- LJ Gonzer, 6- Marsh, 1- NY State Dept Tax, 3- NY Fire Dept, 1- Vestek

Interested in stitching a panel? There are a few people who have not followed through and they are looking for people to fill in those spots now.
World Trade Center Cross Stitch Quilt

Flosstube and Stitch Maynia!

Sometime last year I discovered a channel on You Tube call Flosstube. Flosstube videos all feature people who cross stitch. They share their...