Friday, March 09, 2007

My First Sock. I Did It!


hehehe.. I really should have at least swept first and moved that broken pot out of the photo. What can I say? I was just in too big of a hurry to get a snapshot of my very first completed knit sock! Hurrah!! We have some of the same terms but I'm learning a lot of new acronyms. I think they, I mean we, call it a FO. (Finish Off, I think). Yes, that's my pajama laden leg even though it was early afternoon. What about it? Anyway, it fits perfectly and nary a hole to be found. It's not very soft though, but the yarn was the right price for a beginner sock. I will cast on it's partner after I take a shower. LOL... I want to keep the momentum going.

I'm working on a quaker round robin. I should have another post before the weekend is over.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! And what a nice color too. :o)

Laura said...

It looks awesome! Knew you could do it, gf. :-)

FO = finished object.

Karoline said...

Lovely sock, congratulations

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That is one nice sock :)
Fabulous really! Can't wait to see it's twin!

Kajsa said...

That sock looks great! Love the colors.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your first socks. I did my first socks when i was 12. They were so big i could put them on my head:)

http://pumpuliina.vuodatus.net

Flosstube and Stitch Maynia!

Sometime last year I discovered a channel on You Tube call Flosstube. Flosstube videos all feature people who cross stitch. They share their...